NEW Sugar Skull Hula Hoop!
I haven’t designed a new hula hoop in quite some time, so I am extra exited about my latest Sugar Skull Hoop! I love sugar skulls, anything Mexican, and all things Grateful Dead – like 💀💙🌹
This hoop is decorated with UV reactive fluorescent pink gaffer (grip) tape so it glows under black light! It’s collapsible too so perfect for festivals, day and night! 😎
You have the choice of two different sizes polyethylene (PE) tubing: 3/4″ 100 PSI or the light weight 1/2″ 125 PSI. PE is perfect for beginner hoopers and the 3/4″ 100 PSI is especially great for fitness & exercise.
I have added the option for a *Custom* Sugar Skull Travel Hoop to the HoopBunny Hoops Etsy shop, allowing you to design a one-of-a-kind hoop just for you! You can choose any color grip tape to replace the fluorescent pink and all fluorescent colors are also UV reactive and glow under black light ✨
Get your *SuGaR SKuLL* Hoop here!: https://www.etsy.com/listing/546590341/sugar-skull-hula-hoop-custom-collapsible
Please let me know what you think about the newest HoopBunny Hoop design in the comments below!
Xx Ashley 💞⭕️
The 2nd Hula Hoop Shop Directory Giveaway Extravaganza!
I am proud to announce that HoopBunny is again involved in a massive hula hoop giveaway put on by the Hula Hoop Shop Directory group on Facebook! This time there will be 39 prizes from 39 different hoop shops! HoopBunny will be giving away a collapsible PE hoop featuring our most popular Galaxy design in any size the winner chooses.
Keep reading for more details and how to enter to win!
The time has finally arrived for the 2nd ever Hula Hoop Shop Directory Giveaway Extravaganza!
39 hoopmakers have teamed up to organize the largest hula hoop giveaway contest in history!
Entering the contest is simple. First you need to make sure you are a member of the Hula Hoop Shop Directory group!
Here’s the link: http://www.facebook.com/groups/hulahoopshopdirectory
And make sure to check out the official contest photo album, showcasing all of the beautiful prizes up for grabs! Here’s the link to the album:
Next, you must follow this link to enter the official contest. When the group reaches 10,000 members, we will randomly generate 39 winners from the contest entries!
You can enter up to 40 times by liking each and every shop page through the contest website links as well as becoming a member of the Facebook group Hula Hoop Shop Directory. Here is the link to enter:
While the contest website will only require you to visit each page in order to be entered, we will be verifying that the winners we draw have liked all of the below pages! The contest website will guide you to each of these pages. The below list is just for your reference.
Share this flyer with all your friends to get us to 10,000 members fast!!!
P.S. Because this is a closed group, you will need to share the flyer from one of the places where it is publicly posted, such as here:
HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Ruby Hooping – https://www.facebook.com/rubyhooping
2. JAMhoops Limited https://www.facebook.com/JAMhoops
3. Hoola Monsters LLC https://www.facebook.com/HoolaMonsters
4. Flow Affinity https://www.facebook.com/FlowAffinity
5. Hoop There It Is https://www.facebook.com/HoopLikeaBoss
6. Wanderlust Hoop Co https://www.facebook.com/WanderlustHoopCo
7. Mann-Made Originals https://www.facebook.com/mannmadeoriginals
8. Third Eye Colorado https://www.facebook.com/Thirdeyecolorado
9. Jillery Hoops https://www.facebook.com/Jillery-Hoops-123095737768271
10. Santana Hoops https://www.facebook.com/santanahoops
11. Supernova Hoops https://www.facebook.com/SupernovaHoops
12. Emma J. Osle Designs https://www.facebook.com/EJOsleDesigns
13. HoopBunny Hula Hoops https://www.facebook.com/HoopBunny
14. Fab-Creates https://www.facebook.com/fabcreatesbykrystalthegreat
15. CitivaCreations https://www.facebook.com/CitivaCreationz
16. Hoopwright Hula Hoops http://www.facebook.com/HoopWright
17. Dance Hoops https://www.facebook.com/DanceHoops
18. Jess Hoops http://www.facebook.com/JessHoops
19. Stellar Sunshine Hoops https://www.facebook.com/StellarSunshineHoops
20. Freestyle Spirals http://www.facebook.com/FreeStyleSpirals
21. String Art Incident https://www.facebook.com/StringArtIncident
22. Hoop Conscious https://www.facebook.com/HoopConscious
23. Creekside Hooping https://www.facebook.com/creeksidehooping
24. Flow Time Hoops https://www.facebook.com/FlowTimeHoops
25. Kemmitt Hoops- https://www.facebook.com/KatieEmmittArt
26. TreeHuggerHoops https://www.facebook.com/TreehuggerHoops
27. Family Flow Arts https://www.facebook.com/familyflowarts
28. Raye of Rainn http://www.facebook.com/RayeOfRainn
29. Whirl & Dervish https://www.facebook.com/WhirlDirvish
30. Livi Joy Hoops https://www.facebook.com/LiviJoyHoops
31. Hoopdini https://www.facebook.com/Hoopdini-1543644919225799
32. Flow & Fauna https://www.facebook.com/flowandfauna
33. Cosmic Vibrations https://www.facebook.com/shopcosmicvibrations
34. Chrysalis Hoops https://www.facebook.com/ChrysalisHoops
35. ShelLED Hoops https://www.facebook.com/shelled.hoops
36. DarkSpins Hoops https://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkSpins-Hoops/1402079563446884
37. Lady Lunar Hoops https://www.facebook.com/LadyLunarHoops
38. Bluestocking Hoops https://www.facebook.com/bluestockinghoops
39. Apogee Flow Toys https://www.facebook.com/apogeeflowtoys
“How I Started Hooping” Hula Hoop Giveaway!
With festival season upon us, I am reminded of how I first started my hooping journey 5 years ago. I distinctly remember arriving that first year at Mountain Jam and seeing a girl carrying 10+ hula hoops over her shoulder. That was my very first introduction that weekend and I continued to be amazed at the beautiful hoopers I saw over the next 3 days. I will never forget this one girl. She was this beautiful, muscular Asian girl hooping on a cement block next to the main stage on the Mountain. She moved the hoop up and down her body so effortlessly throughout the whole set. I don’t even remember who was playing at the time because I was so mesmerized by her! From the moment I got home that weekend I was determined to find a hoop of my own and start hooping myself. I started with a crappy LED Walmart hoop and started researching hooping like crazy. That’s when I discovered Hooping.org and HoopCity and started making my own hoops!
Anyway, I’m sure you are here for the contest so let’s move on! For this hula hoop giveaway I want to know how YOU first discovered hooping! Where were you? Who influenced you? Tell me YOUR story and you could be chosen at random to receive a custom HoopBunny Hula Hoop of your choice! I will be accepting entries for the giveaway from now until 5/20/14 at 11:59 pm, there is no limit on the number of entries per person. You must be a resident of the United States in order to win this giveaway.
You can enter the giveaway in the following ways:
1. Post your response to how you started hooping in the comments below this post or on the HoopBunny Facebook page.
2. LIKE HoopBunny on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HoopBunny
(Let me know you LIKE HoopBunny in the Comments below!)
3. Share this giveaway on your Facebook page by posting a link to this blog post or the giveaway photo pictured above.
(Make sure to tag the HoopBunny page in your status update and let me know in the comments!)
4. Follow @HoopBunny on Twitter: http://twitter.com/hoopbunny
(Let me know you follow @HoopBunny in the comments below!)
5. Tweet this giveaway to your followers on Twitter by providing a link to this blog post or the giveaway photo pictured above.
(Make sure to mention @HoopBunny in your giveaway tweet!)
6. Follow @MsHoopBunny on Instagram: http://instagram.com/mshoopbunny
(Let me know you follow @MsHoopBunny in the comments below!)
7. Share the giveaway photo on your Instagram
(Make sure to tag @MsHoopBunny in your giveaway post!)
**Tweet and Share on Facebook & Instagram each day during the giveaway to increase your chance of winning!**
My Thoughts on “The Hooping Life”…
I can’t even tell you how excited I was when I was contacted by the distributor for “The Hooping Life” documentary to see if I was interested in watching and reviewing the film. Like, is that even a question?! I’m not even really sure what exactly to say about the film itself except that I absolutely LOVED it, of course!
Since I have been a part of the hooping community for about 5 years now, I thought I was familiar with all the “famous” or well known hoopers (at least their names). But “The Hooping Life” introduced me to other hoopers I did not know about previously, like Karis and Sass. It also gave a more intimate view of well known hoopers like Hoopalicious, Christabel, and Baxter. What I really enjoyed about getting to know the 8 hoopers featured in the film was that they did not just show the happy and joyous parts of their lives or even their hoop lives. It showed the ugly truths concerning depression, jealousy, and traumatic events that happen in everyone’s lives. This made them very relatable, especially when they turned those negative emotions or events around with the help of their hula hoop and the hooping community.
“The Hooping Life” really shows the true spirit of the hooping community and how the hoop brings people together. They also discuss the healing power of the hoop, highlighting both the physical and mental health benefits. Overall, I’d say “The Hooping Life” is very inspirational. It has inspired my to get more involved with my local hoop community again. Seeing how Stefan and Baxter set up free hoop jams in their local parks made me want to do the same and to spread the hoop love wherever I can. It is also inspirational to see the effect that hooping has on inner city at risk children. It is amazing that something as simple as a hula hoop can help to keep them on the right track. I hope to someday see the famous Jeffrey! He was great. I think the most inspirational hooper in the film is definitely Christabel. She shares her struggles she has faced with work partners, finding her identity outside of her family and formal education, and major debt, but she overcame all of that and created a huge hoop brand (Hoop Girl) and career for herself. It really shows that as long as you are passionate and serious about something, you can be very successful and create your whole life around that passion.
I really loved the film, but it definitely left me wanting more! Not only did I want to know more about the hoopers featured, like Karis and Baxter, but there are other hoopers who I am surprised were not featured in the film. I think they should do a sequel and focus on others in the hoop community like SaFire, Philo Hagen of Hooping.org, Rayna McInturf (of Hoop Revolution, formerly of Hoopnotica), Lara Eastburn of SuperHooper, or Shakti Sunfire and her sister Luna Breeze. These are just some of the hoopers I have become familiar with (online) throughout my hooping journey. I also found it kind of strange that there was no mention of Hoopnotica throughout the whole movie. Although they have become a GIANT hoop brand and seem to be more about the business than the hoop love, they still play a huge role in hooping’s growing popularity and the “hoop revolution”.
Are there any hoopers you would you like to see featured in a hooping documentary? Tell me about them!!
Much hoop love,
P.S. There actually IS a sequel to “The Hooping Life”, but it is a hooping instructional video, not another documentary. I will be reviewing that film as well in the very near future!
Peach Music Festival 2013
This past Saturday I attended the Peach Music Festival in Scranton, PA. It was my second festival of the summer (first was GrassRoots), and my first and only big name fest for the year. I was only able to go for the day Saturday because I didn’t want to leave the babe for too long, but it was a BLAST! It was definitely the coolest venue I’ve ever been to. There is a water park on site with a lazy river, wave pool, and water slides! The weather was hot and sunny too, perfect water park weather.
I brought my newest hoop that I made for myself (pictured above). It is purple/teal leopard print with purple sequin deco tape, black, and fluorescent yellow (black light reactive) gaffer tape. I will be listing it soon at the HoopBunny shop! The sad thing was, I didn’t even use it once all day! It was so crowded there wasn’t really enough open space to comfortably hoop to the music at the main stage. A butterfly landed on my hoop while I was waiting in the parking lot for the shuttle bus to the venue (I’m not even going to get into that terrible situation), and that was about as must action as my hoop got all day! I was having so much fun, this is also the only photo I took all day 🙂
I did see one girl hooping in the crowd on the lawn in front of the main stage with an awesome future hoop. She was only hooping in between sets and seemed to only be waist hooping because of the limited space. It was nice to see that hoopers were respecting others’ personal space. I hate being at a crowded event where hoopers are hitting people or taking up a ton of space to hoop. I feel like that causes certain people to really dislike hoops and hula hoopers. Believe me, there are some hoop haters out there! Lots of love and respect at the Peach Fest! Hopefully I can make it for the whole weekend next year.
Peace, Love, & Hooping xx